Friday, July 24, 2009

Classic Carbonara

I have always been a pasta lover. I've tried various combinations already of noodles and sauces from different restaurants and I always find myself going back to my favorite Classic Carbonara. Not just any carbonara, but it has to be the one from Jack's Loft. Its thick, creamy richness is heavenly, and every inch of it, every nibble, simply makes me crave for more. As expected, it is one of the restaurant's specialties--- highly recommended by the chef, though not necessarily one of the most expensive. The serving is good too, for the regular appetite, though I always find myself yearning for more of the delightful taste even when I was already full.

I must say that even after having tasted carbonaras and other pasta concoctions (with prices that go way up to the ceiling and servings that hardly satiate your hunger) in fine dining restaurants all over the metro and even in some five-star hotels, this Classic Carbonara remains the winner in my Pasta A-List. =)

1 comments:

sherwin fontanilla coronado,  July 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

watch out for my "east raya carbonara". the recipe was taken from the unpublished documents of Pigaffeta, chronicler of Ferdinand Magellan. people from the Indies describe the recipe as: "Something to die or live for..." ;-)