Monday, July 27, 2009

Musings on Future Kids

It's fun to brainstorm on baby names with your special someone and get carried away dreaming up sweet, funny scenarios of future children. The longer you have a go at it, the weirder and more hysterical the names get! There are even days when we would do this with a group of our friends, which is guaranteed to turn into an uproar! From Procopia to Lando Badong to Rafanzel (real name of the elite-sounding nickname Rafa for a boy), this is indeed a pastime that is bound to waste your time, release your stress, and bring you closer to each other. It just breaks us up into peals of laughter!


Seriously, though, my fiance wants to name our future kids after distinguished historical figures, artists, musicians, authors, and/or inventors of world-notable caliber. Hhhmmm...why am I not surprised? After all, he's always passionately sharing with me fascinating accounts from the lives of these people. So then he gives the suggestions, and I screen.

One of the names we have temporarily assigned to our first-born boy is Claude Kahlil. The name Claude comes from the prominent artist Claude Monet while Kahlil comes from Kahlil Gibran, a celebrated author. These are two of our favorites.

Yesterday, we were joking around and he was conjuring up imaginary conversations that Claude Kahlil would be having. Here are two of them, which had me doubling up:

1. Claude Kahlil talking to his pre-school teacher...

Claude: My mom and dad came from a long line of people with airports on their foreheads. Unfortunately, I inherited it. I have acres upon acres of real estate on my forehead! Hahaha!
Teacher: ?!?
(Note: Check out our wide foreheads...hehehe...)

2. Claude Kahlil talking to a Grade 7 seatmate...

Claude: My mom and dad went to the Mt. Everest basecamp. I'd rather stay in my music room and compose my post-modern classical pieces for the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra. Or perhaps finish my 6x6 feet oil on canvas painting for my third solo exhibit at the CCP Main Gallery.
Classmate: What?!?

2 comments:

jan celiz-magtoto July 29, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

funny & weird names was once a discussion i had in my coffee break. check out my blogmates contributions here.