Monday, July 20, 2009

The Gift of You

THE GIFT OF YOU
(Jan. 27, 2008- by Olive Estrella)

An enclosed tunnel of growing despair
I thought I would always have to bear
The darkness that has enfolded me
Has stripped my spirit of its beauty

A vision of life filled with fear
A future I held on to so dear
Has suddenly been ripped off from me
Revealing a deeply buried pain to see

My nakedness burning deep
Marred memories in my bloodstream seep
Yet I understood destiny’s plan
From which I previously, frightfully ran

I have finally come to the end of the tunnel
I have finally found a new life, a new me…
A new love that has set me free
From the prison I had wanted to flee

Now my pain’s been washed away
In this river of overflowing hope and love
A sorrowful scarcity long forgotten
A boon of abundance I never thought would happen

Your heart’s the mountain I had yearned to see
Your soul’s the sky that made up mere dreams
While I dwelt in the tunnel once part of me
which has been submerged because of thee

A beauty restored, a spirit risen
A greatness of joy reaching to heaven
Fate has blessed me with the gift of you
And I thank the Lord for such wonder given

0 comments: